1. Among the seven petitions of the Matthean version of “THE LORD’S PRAYER”, choose one petition, explain and relate it in your OWN personal experience.
1. OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN
2. HALLOWED BE THY NAME
3. THY KINGDOM COME
4. THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN
5. GIVE US THIS OUR DAILY BREAD
6. FORGIVE US OUR TRESSPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESSPASS AGAINST US
7. AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL
2. Why is the personal prayer of Jesus considered as the center of the Scriptures?
The Lord's prayer offers the structure that Christians should follow while they are praying. The petitions start by acknowledging and praising the supreme God before asking for personal desires and forgiveness. In my life, all seven sections are significant and I can relate the fourth section to my personal experiences. Sometimes I face challenging situations, beyond my capabilities, and I surrender them to God to do His will. This petition helps me to recognize that God is omnipotent and He can make right anything that is beyond my abilities. The personal prayer of Jesus is considered the center of the Scriptures because it was based on the knowledge of God and all the revealed truths.