1. Culture is learned- People learn culture through their families, peers, media, and institutions for example, food is a learned aspect of culture.
2. Culture is shared-This allows people to live together as a social group; for example, sharing culture allows us to predict how others will react to our actions.
3. Culture is symbol-based- A symbol of culture stands for what the culture is, for example, language and art.
4. Culture is integrated- all aspects of culture are interconnected, and for ne to understands the culture, one has to understand all these aspects. These aspects include language, traditions and beliefs.
5. Culture is dynamic- cultures are meant to interact and change. For example, the tradition of culture may change over time due to exposure to external stimuli such as technology.