Answer to Question #85779 in Other English for Nosipho Bhengu
1. The athlete ran up to the finishing line (despite) having sprained his ankle.
despite- to show contrast/contradiction.
2. Computers, laptops (as well as) printers were delivered at the school.
as well as- to show emphasize/ to conjoin
3. The instructions were (as) clear as daylight.
as- to show comparison/ to emphasize.
4. They couldn’t join us on time (because) their car broke down on the freeway.
because- to introduce reason.
5. Please wake up early (so that) we may catch the earliest train.
so that-to introduce reason.