Answer to Question #54636 in Microeconomics for manisha
what extent can government intervention in any individual country such as Singapore be
effective in combating it?
- taxation of CO2 emissions;
- governmental investments into zero- or low carbon industrial technologies;
- giving tax discounts to the industries, which use low carbon technologies;
- reasonable pricing policy to encourage greater public transport usage;
- governmental sponsorship of research and development projects in energy efficiency and low carbon technologies.
Governmental economic and legislative actions in this sphere must not lead to economy recession but to the creation of a new market, which will help the country to be competitive in the future.
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!