The role of the hypothalamus in puberty is to …
1. control the action of the frontal lobes.
2. regulate the production of sex hormones.
3. lead to distancing from parents.
4. its role is not yet known.
Explain one criticisms of the logical positivist’s principle of verification? Do you agree or disagree with any of the criticisms? Justify your answer.
Q1.Differentiate between Rationalism and Empiricism in theory of knowledge with examples.
(Discuss at least two essential characteristics of each view)
Q2.Discuss Materialism as the concept of Reality in metaphysics with example.
Discuss whether or not the philosophical foundations of any discipline is an education
Would you rather be a utilitarian or a deontologist? Justify your answer.
Philosophy of science consists of multiple paradigms as well as significant
moments in its history. What is the 20th century position that science should
not be thought of as being absolute or objective be termed?
1) Linguistic turn
2) Social turn
Popper delineated between “science”, “pseudo-science” and “non-science”.
Following this demarcation, chemistry is considered a science. What would
cybertronics be considered as?
Which of the following terms encapsulates the definition: “The rights of
women are absolutely equivalent to those of men in every regard.”
Which of the following is the most appropriate definition for a “law of nature”?
1) A scientific theory regarding the natural world.
2) An hypothesis that comprises much theoretical language.
3) A non-theoretical observation about an aspect of the natural
4) A statement that draws attention to constancies in nature.