1. Give reasons why the study of clay minerals is of importance .
2. State six uses of Kaolinite.
3.Soil organic matter is repeatedly stressed as the key factor in sustainable land management . Briefly discuss .
4.Briefly explain the structure and role of enzymes in the soil.
1. The reasons why the study of clay minerals is of importance:
1) It deepens our knowledge of nature
2) We can find new useful materials
3) It can improve a country's economy
2. Kaolinite is used in the production of paper, paints, rubber, ceramics, fiberglass, in cosmetology.
3. Yes because soil is the 'medium' on which people live and they use it for the production of food.
4. Enzymes help microbes to clean the soil. Enzymes are proteins that serve as catalysts of biological nature.
Leave a comment