15. Which one of the following statements regarding map projections is true?
(1) By using modern GIS technology, it is possible to draw a map that has no distortion.
(2) The Mercator projection is conformal implying that it preserves shapes of features.
(3) A projection that distorts shape is not associated with distortions in orientation as
(4) Shapes of features are preserved on equivalent projections.
(5) The distortion in size associated with the Mercator projection decreases poleward.
The second statement is the correct one.
Leave a comment