reasons why women are not engaged as active members in the field of information technology
Reasons Why Women Are Not Engaged as Active Members in The Field of Information Technology
Women can be discouraged to be active members in the field of information technology for the following reasons:
1. Lack of gender balance participation in information technology roles, women are not considered in research, innovation, and project creation related to information technology.
2. The existence of labor laws that only favors male dominance in the information technology field discourages equal participation of both men and women in the decision-making process relating to the IT field.
3. The lack of awareness of women's role in the information technology field only creates an image of male dominance in the field, and all the praises fail to mention women as co-creators.
4. Most information technology institutions favor the male gender in information technology; this does not promote education for women in IT-related education; hence, information technology experts are males.
5. The existing labor legislation promotes only the male gender for leadership roles in information technology, creating gender imbalance in job markets.