Answer to Question #116588 in Sociology for ashley
As to their views, what are the significant differences and similarities between Marx and Weber? And, specifically, how do their views compare with Durkheim’s?
- Marx believes the role of a social scientist was to change the world whereas Weber viewed the role of a social scientist was as an observer
- Marx views profit and accumulating wealth as negative while Weber viewed it positive
- Weber viewed the people in the modern world are trapped in the iron cage while Marx people in the modern world are alienated
- Views compared with Durkheim
- Their theories were based on social factors