Child health is a state of mental, social, intellectual, physical and emotional wellbeing of a child rather that merely freedom from diseases. There are five important conditions required for a child health.
- Environment. The surrounding of a child impacts the health development of a child. The kind of people and physical environment determines what a child is exposed to. Better parenting helps children to develop well as opposed to children raised in harsh parents. Behaviour of a child and emotional well being is determined by what and who the child interacts with. For instance, good schools help children develop intellectually.
- Heredity. This involves the transmission of physical characteristics from parents to the children. Heredity influences physical appearance and occurrence of hereditary diseases and conditions like diabetes and obesity.
- Nutrition. Nutrition is very crucial because everything that the bodies need for development and repair come from food. malnutrition causes deficiency diseases.Therefore children need a balanced diet for good health.
- Social-economic factors. The social economic factors of the parents or guardians determines the kind of privileges or opportunities a child has. children raised in families with better social economic status are likely to get better learning resources and nutrition.
- Hormones. Hormones impact on various body functions. Timely functioning of the hormones is crucial to healthy development a child. hormonal imbalance leads to growth defects, behavioral problems , obesity and disease.