Which of the following code categories should be chosen over codes from other chapters for
the same condition?
A. Complications of pregnancy
C. Blood disorders
D. Metabolic and nutritional diseases
2. Pyuria or bacteria in the urine should be coded to
A. 790.7. C. 599.0.
B. 038.8. D. 112.5.
3. A patient returns to learn the results of an HIV test, which are negative. Which code is listed
as the reason for the encounter?
A. V65.44 C. 042
B. 795.71 D. V08
4. A patient has a condition wherein the body fails to produce insulin. She requires daily insulin
shots for control that seem to stabilize the condition. She isn뭪 experiencing any significant
health issues. This condition is coded as
A. 250.01. C. 250.02.
B. 250.00. D. 250.03.
5. A patient is experiencing diabetic nephropathy with hypertensive renal disease and renal
failure. How many codes would be assigned for this patient?
A. 1 C. 3
B. 2 D. 4
6. Hypopotassemia is coded as
A. 266.5. C. 276.8.
B. 244.0. D. 251.2.
7. Conditions that have a decrease in hemoglobin levels in the blood can be coded to Chapter
D. Need more information
8. When should acute blood loss anemia following surgery be coded as a complication of the
A. Whenever there뭩 a large amount of blood loss following a surgery
B. When the physician states that the large amount of blood loss is due to the surgery and
causing the anemia
C. When anemia follows surgery and hemoglobin levels are elevated beyond the normal
D. Never. Anemia is never considered a complication; instead, it뭩 considered a disease
9. Which of the following should be used as a guideline when coding diabetes as uncontrolled
A. Blood glucose levels outside of the normal range as documented in the patient뭩 medical
B. Physician documentation stating uncontrolled or controlled
C. The need for daily insulin injections
D. Any of the above
10. When coding infectious and parasitic diseases,
A. a second code is assigned to indicate the causative organism.
B. fourth digits or additional codes may indicate the causative organism(s).
C. code categories 041�079 as principal, with a fourth digit indicating the causative
D. optional E codes are used to indicate the causative organism
Unfortunately, your question requires a lot of work and cannot be done for free. Submit it with all requirements as an assignment to our control panel and we'll assist you.