Identify the one option that does not characterize the ‘new imperial order’. (Refer to Ayers article available on ‘e-reserves’)
1. Infusion of liberal values in governmental systems and political institutions not only legitimize, but also create and entrench the economic conditions necessary for the reproduction of neoliberal capitalist accumulation.
2. Has its foundations in an idea of democracy that emerged with the inception of liberal capitalism in western European society.
3. Represents a post-colonial era where colonialism and imperialism are very much part of an ancient world order that has long past.
4. Is unique because it exploits a humanitarian discourse to justify a form of domination, which is endemic to the state, civil society and the individual self.
5. Emphasizes the fact that ideology plays less of a role than ‘real’ politics in determining the trajectory of global political economy.
Represents a post-colonial era where colonialism and imperialism are very much part of an ancient world order that has long past.