1. Globalization is perceived as a benefit as well as a curse by different regions. Using relevant examples, demonstrate its impact in relation to IR and Diplomacy. (15 Marks)
2. Analyze the contributions of glob40alization to international relations.
Modern diplomacy is usually practiced in three fronts.” Briefly explain three methods in which diplomacy is practiced today.
Globalization broadens access to goods and services, it can lift people out of poverty, it increases interreligious awareness, information and technology spread more easily with globalization and that informs the spread of Good News. However, globalization may lead to polluting the environment, run risks with safety or enforce poor working circumstances and squat wages on native workers. Regarding IR, globalization aids in developing countries to deal with rest of the world upsurge their economic growth, solving the poverty issues in their countries. The developed countries are able to invest in the developing nations, creating job opportunities for the poor populaces.
· Big Stick Diplomacy. International negotiations backed by the threat of force.
· Dollar diplomacy. The use of a country’s financial power to extend its international influence.
· Moral Diplomacy. Help is given to a country who have the same beliefs.