1. In your own words, explain what the main information in this guide is about? (5)
2. Read the section on the general aims of the South African Curriculum.
Summarize the aspects listed under this heading. (5)
3. Time allocation is a valuable guide when planning your teaching. Read
the information on time allocation for your phase. Now read the
section on time allocation for the specific subject. Draw a grid to plan the
allocated time for your subject in one calendar week. (5)
4. Read the first topic in the Annual Teaching Plan or the syllabus for your subject.
List the knowledge, skills and values learners should have after completing
this topic. (6)
5. Describe the assessment requirements for your subject. Use the headings
included in the CAPS document. (5)