Almost every organization is constantly feels the need for staff, which is influenced by various factors: market, technology, qualification, organizational, social, public policy in the field of employment, and others.
Search for workers can be within the organization, in this case an internal source of labor is used. Involvement of employees outside the organization is called external,so it is an external source of labor.
Internal sources of labor include the employees of the company (employment jobs / overlapping responsibilities), relatives and friends of employees, former employees.The external sources of labor include: people of their own initiative, those who address after receiving information about jobs, graduates of educational institutions (schools, colleges, universities) who have gone to public employment agencies available in the database of recruitment firms, announced themselves on the Internet and in newspapers.
When using both internal and external sources of labor keep in mind that they have both advantages and disadvantages. According to the sources of manpower selection the methods can also be divided into internal and external.
Methods of internal recruitment:
1. Vacancy notices in domestic media: organization's& newspapers, newsletter, local radio and telephone.
2. Appeal to the line managers to nominate their candidates for the vacancy.
3. Analysis of& employees'& personal files in order to find suitable for the vacant position.
4. Request to the organization& staff& to inform their relatives and friends about the presence of certain vacancies in the organization.
5. Invitation for vacancies former employees (retired or quited).
Methods of external recruitment:
Passive: 1. Post vacancies on the Internet, where there are many sites for work.
& 2. Post job advertisements in newspapers and magazines, professional journals, or selecting the desired columns in publications about work.
& 3. Find staff with employees help.
Active: 1. Request to district employment centers.
& 2. Applications for graduates.
& 3. Participate in job fairs. This method of selecting candidates is practiced, usually in large cities.
& 4. Request to recruitment, staffing agencies. In this case, the most important are the first integrity and professionalism of specialists working in it, and the name of agency rating.