some things one can do to better prepare for a court testimony include:
1. Dress appropriately- One should choose formal clothing when appearing before court.
2. Tell the truth- A witnesses should always tell the truth of what happened.
3. Remain calm when giving the testimony. Loosing one's temper in court may discredit their testimony and could get them in trouble.
4. Modify any statement as quickly as possible if the information provided was unclear or does not adequetly reflect what happened.
5. Avoid volunteering information and only provide answers to questions asked.
6. Listen carefully to the question, and wait till the end before providing an answer. If you do not remember exactly what happened, it is best to state that you do not remember.
7. Ask for clarification for questions you do not understand. In a court setting, the tension and anxiety may cause some confusion to the witness. Take time to understand the question before providing an answer.
8. Be consistent with statements provided in earlier with regard to the case. It proves credibility and makes it easier to collaborate your testimony.