1. The murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand- A group called the Black Hand ordered for the murder of Franz Ferdinand. That was the primary reason for the rise of World War 1.
2. Militarism- Many countries such as Germany and Britain strived to have the best military power more than any other country. They developed different military weapons, such as warships. They continually trained soldiers, and this drove the nations into World War 1.
3. Imperialism-Most of countries competed for raw materials and other resources in Africa. They competed for empires and territories in African countries such as Kenya and Tanzania. They trained African soldiers from their colonies whom they made to join their militaries. As a result, they got into World War 1.
4. The rise of Alliances-Alliances meant that countries in an alliance would defend one member country whenever it suffered attacks. For example, when Austria- Hungary attacked Serbia, Germany, which was a member country, began attacking Russia, which was an Austria Hungary supporter. With more of these events, countries got into World War 1.
5. Rise of Nationalism- Each country struggled to be independent by making its decisions. Governments wanted to appear powerful and having as much dominance as possible over other countries. That was one of the reasons why World War 1 lasted longer than expected.