The firing squad by coin McDougall
1. Determine the conflicts in the story and explain (remember to discuss both internal and external conflicts).
2. How are the ethical boundaries blurred when it comes to the execution of Private Sydney Jones?
3. Adam is not just the Commander of a firing squad: he realizes he is an executioner. What are the connotations of the word “executioner?” How is executing Jones any worse than the war itself?
4. How is the situation more difficult “Now the enemy is not a distant face-less target”?
5. How is the execution of Jones a political matter? Why must it be carried out?