Parental involvement and interaction with their children is fundamental in their growth. Parents’ involvement in early childhood centers is encouraged through the following ways:
1. Reach out and maintain communication with parents about their children’s progress. Bring them on board on matters of helping their children improve in all aspects.
2. Let them understand their importance in volunteering and playing an active role in the growth of the children. Consult and involve them in decision-making.
3. As a teacher, always welcome and accommodate parents anytime in the classrooms. Ensure that parents understand that their closeness to the children at that tender age improves their psychological growth.
4. Tap into the different potential of the children and work together with parents in nurturing talents and shaping their capabilities.
5. Create opportunities for family participation to make them feel valued and respected.
6. Always appreciate that the parents know their children better and respond to their request whenever possible.