Answer to Question #73587 in Other English for robert chu
The following sentences, which were lifted from The economist, were edited to show other common sentence errors-agreement, split infinitives, sexist language, sentence length. Rewrite these items to correct the errors.
1. Eight years after its launch, Apples' iPhone exemplify the 21st century's defining technology.
2. Smartphones has become the fastest-selling gadgets in history, outstripping the growth of the simple mobile phones that preceded it.
3. But phones travel around with you,- they know where he is, what websites he visits, whom he talks to, even how healthy he is.
4. The combination of size and connectivity mean that knowledge can be shared and aggregated.
5. Smartphones will give dictators unprecedented scope to spy and corral its unwilling subjects.