- Individuals in many countries with limited cash, such as Kenya, are not able to allow such vaccination.
- in the period from 2011 to 2014 in many countries there was no special permit and license for this vaccine
- in some countries (for example in the UK), women over 18 years old do not get vaccinated, as this seems to be non-paying when preventing cervical cancer. This is due to the fact that as soon as a woman becomes sexually active, she is at risk of infection by the virus.
- different conservative and religious groups are against this vaccine
- Until 2018, immunoprophylaxis was allowed only to people aged 9-26 years. In 2018, the US Food and Drug Administration approved the use of Gardasil 9 vaccine to prevent human papillomavirus in patients aged 27–45 years. Permission was granted after the results of the study