1. What is the formula mass of saccharin?
2. What is the molecular mass of saccharin?
3. What is the molar mass of saccharin?
4. Indicate the number of atoms of each element present in one molecule of saccharin.
5. How many moles of saccharin are there in 183 grams of saccharin?
6. How many moles of saccharin are there in 366 mg of saccharin?
7. How many grams of saccharin are there in one mole of saccharin?
8. How many molecules of saccharin are there in one mole of saccharin?
9. How many C atoms are present in 91.5 g of saccharin?
10. Calculate the percent composition of saccharin, C7H5NO3S.
1. To calculate formula mass, multiply the subscript of each element in the formula by the element's atomic weight (relative atomic mass) found on the periodic table. The unit for formula mass is either u or Da (Daltons).
2. Mr(C7H5NO3S) = 183.18
3. M(C7H5NO3S) = 183.18 g/mol
5. 1 mol
6. 366mg/183g/mol = 0.002 mol
7. 183 g
8. 6.02*10^23 molecules
9. N(C) = m*7/M = 91.5g*7/183g/mol
10. 45.8963% of C, 2.7512% of H, 7.6462% of N, 17.5042% of S, 26.2021% of O