1. Phototropism is a growth or movement of an organism toward the light stimulus.
2. English biologist Charles Darwin and Dutch-American botanist Frits Went were the first researchers who conduct experiments on phototropism.
3. F.W. Went conducted experiments on tips of oat coleoptiles.
4. F.W. Went isolated auxin diffused out from the tip of oat coleoptiles.
5. Nastic movements are nondirected movements in response responses to certain stimuli (i.e., heat), whereas tropism movements are directed movements induced by a stimulus (i.e., light).