What are the appropriate molecular cytogenetic approaches that should be used to diagnose the following cases? Why? Please explain.
1. Phenotypically abnormal child with balanced 46,XX,t(7;8)(q12;p22) karyotype.
2. A cancer case with a complex translocation that detected by karyotyping, but origins of involved chromosomes was not identified.
3. A balanced translocation carrier woman with recurrent abortions planning a new pregnancy.
4. Bronchial lavage material taken on suspicion of lung cancer
5. A case suspected of having terminal deletion in the short arm of chromosome 5.
Dear Ayo, your question requires a lot of work, which neither of our experts is ready to perform for free. We advise you to convert it to a fully qualified order and we will try to help you. Please click the link below to proceed: Submit order