The amount of DNA per nucleus can be measured by a unit called pictogram
Every student has to search for
1. The estimated amounts of DNA per nucleus in different organisms such as the fungus, bacteria and those in human cell?
2. In addition, to search for the range of levels of DNA amounts in pictogram in general? and
3. In which stage of mitoses the DNA amount would be at its maximum?
1. Fungus contains approximately 4 Picograms
Bacteria has approximately 580, 000 base pairs which would be about 0.0058 Picograms
The human cell has 6 Picograms
2. The fungus range is 3-6 Picograms
Bacteria range is 580,000- 4,700,000 base pairs, that's about 0.0058- 4 Picograms
Human cell range is 6-7 Picograms
3. During the Synthesis phase (S phase) is when the DNA amount is maximum as a result of duplication